Exclusive lodge packages in the Fljótin region, the birthplace of Icelandic ski touring
Experience the thrill of skiing the pristine slopes of northernmost Troll Peninsula in Iceland and the bespoke services of the exclusive Sóti Lodge! There, you will enjoy gourmet dining in the evenings, basking in an authentic geothermal swimming pool with a hot tub and sauna, flotation relaxation and an energising rest in perfect comfort. The exclusive location ensures you a personal, private heliskiing experience.
The program focuses on skiing the most iconic peaks surrounding Siglufjörður, Ólafsfjörður, and Fljótin. The runs are chosen by our guide team each morning according to snow and weather conditions.
- 1 hr heli fly time (alternatively 8 runs) per day.
- Quality accommodation at Sóti Lodge, based on double occupancy.
- All meals for the duration of the program (breakfast buffet, three course dinners, especially prepared mountain lunches).
- Floatation relaxation program in local geothermal pool, access to pool, hut tub and sauna.
- Morning take off directly from Sóti Lodge.
- Shuttle service included from Keflavik International airport, Reykjavík and Akureyri.
- Skis and bindings (high performance Blizzard free ride skis).
- Safety briefing (avalanche danger, use, and search with a avi. beacon).
- Avalanche safety equipment (Backpack w/ air system, Arva avi. beacon, shovel, and pole).
- Bring your own if you wish!
- Experienced mountain ski guide.
- Aprés ski snacks at Sóti Lodge.
We partner with Norðurflug, using their Astar B2 helicopter, carrying up to 4 guests, pilot and guide. Seats are sold on the basis of groups of four and our exclusive Sóti Lodge guarantees the privacy of the experience, with a maximum of two groups accommodated at any point.
You can also build your own, customised tour.
What to bring
- Personal avalanche equipment, if optional (shovel, pole, beacon – make sure it works and has fresh batteries)
- Ski boots
- Helmet and goggles
- Wind- and waterproof jacket
- Wind- and waterproof pants
- Woolen underwear
- Gloves (thick and thin gloves)
- Water bottle
- Small first-aid bag
Please keep in mind that as with all mountain adventure activities, heliskiing entails a certain risk to participants. Please make sure your insurance covers this.
- April 24th – May 13th
- Do you have a specific date in mind? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will create the perfect, bespoke adventure for you and your group of fill in the contact form to get your quote
- Do you want to arrange a private heliskiing trip for your group/family? Drop us a line at email@example.com
For whom is this trip suitable?
- This trip is suitable for intermediate backcountry skiers in good physical condition. The guide will make sure each run fits the whole group.
Cancellation policy & refund protocol
- 100 % refund if the tour is canceled due to disease control decisions or COVID-19 infection
- 80 % refund if the tour is canceled with more than 7-day notice
- 50 % refund if the tour is canceled with more than 72-hour notice
- No refund if the tour is canceled with less than 72-hour notice
If we need to cancel the trip due to weather you have these options:
- Full refund
- We move the tour to another date
- We adapt he tour itinerary to weather conditions