Experience an unforgettable day of skiing!
Few things bring as much joy as skiing down an untouched, snow-covered mountain with a breathtaking view over the Arctic ocean. Summit Heliskiing in Iceland offers heliskiing day tours where customer enjoyment and safety are our top priority. Our base location offers clear access to the main peaks of the Troll Peninsula where many slopes end right at the ocean waves.
The tour starts at Sóti Lodge in the beautiful Fljótin region at 09:00 where you will meet your guide and cover safety protocols for heliskiing. Sóti Lodge is an approximately 30 minute drive away from Siglufjörður, along one of the most picturesque parts of the Arctic coast way.
Departure w/helicopter is at 11:00, with some of Troll Peninsulas best peaks on the menu. We have partnered with Norðurflug, Iceland’s most experienced helicopter service, and use their Astar B2 helicopters, seating four guests with a guide.
Around lunchtime, we will stop to enjoy refreshments tailor made for us at the lodge, while taking in the spectacular vistas all around us. Nourished and re-energized we are ready for some more skiing, and will end our day at Sóti Lodge where snacks and drinks are on offer.
- 1 hr heli fly time (alternatively 8 runs) per day.
- Skis and bindings (high performance Blizzard free ride skis).
- Experienced mountain ski guide
- Safety briefing (avalanche danger, use, and search with an avalanche beacon)
- Avalanche safety equipment (backpack w/air system, avalanche beacon, shovel, and pole)
- bring your own if you wish!
- Tailor made lunch package
- Après ski snacks at Sóti Lodge
What to bring
- Personal avalanche equipment, if optional (shovel, pole, beacon – make sure it works and has fresh batteries)
- Ski boots, helmet and goggles
- Wind- and waterproof jacket
- Wind- and waterproof pants
- Woolen underwear
- Gloves (thick and thin gloves)
- Water bottle
- Small first-aid bag
Please keep in mind that as with all mountain adventure activities, heliskiing entails a certain risk to participants. Please make sure your insurance coverage addresses this.
- 24th. April – 15th of May (all days between this period)
Price (min 4 people in a group, max 12 pax)
- 165.000 isk / 1270 USD per person.
- Do you want to arrange a private trip for your group/family? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
For whom is this trip suitable?
- This trip is suitable for intermediate backcountry skiers in good physical condition. The guide will make sure each run fits the whole group.
Cancellation policy & refund protocol
In case of tour cancellations:
- 100 % refund if the tour is canceled due to disease control decisions or COVID-19 infection
- 80 % refund if the tour is canceled with more than 7-day notice
- 50 % refund if the tour is canceled with more than 72-hour notice
- No refund if the tour is canceled with less than 72-hour notice
If the trip is canceled due to weather you have these options:
- Full refund
- Tour moved to another date
- Tour itinerary is adapted to weather conditions