Our heliskiing packages in Fljótin are a perfect way to spend quality time with friends and family
The bespoke services offered at Sóti Lodge and the amazing slopes of the north Iceland on the Troll Peninsula provide the perfect ingredients for a memorable heliskiing experience. Cruising with Norðurflug’s Astar B2 helicopter to the tops of the majestic mountain peaks that surround us, our seasoned ski guides ensure the choice of the best run each time.
The gourmet three course dinners, plentiful breakfast buffet and local geothermal swimming pool and hot tub only dd to the experience, with available floatation sessions to energise you for next day’s adventure.
The tours focuses on the mountains around Siglufjörður, Ólafsfjörður and Fljótin where the hotel is located. Each run is chosen by our team of professional guides in accordance with conditions each day.
- 1 hr heli fly time (alternatively 8 runs) per day.
- First daily take – off directly from lodge (weather and conditions permitting).
- High-quality accommodation at Sóti Lodge, based on double occupancy.
- All meals for the duration of the program (breakfast buffet, three course gourmet dinners, especially prepared mountain lunches).
- Exclusive access to Barðslaug, our authentic geothermal pool (only a few steps from the lodge), flotation sessions, hot tub and sauna.
- Shuttle service from Keflavík, Reykjavík or Akureyri airport
- Skis and bindings (High performance Blizzard freeride skis).
- Safety briefing (avalanche danger, use, and search with a avi. beacon).
- Avalanche safety equipment (Backpack w/ air system, avi. Arva beacon, shovel, and pole) Bring your own if you wish!
- Experienced mountain guide.
- Morning and afternoon stretches.
- Aprés ski snacks at Sóti Lodge.
We partner with Norðurflug, using their Astar B2 helicopter, carrying up to 4 guests, pilot and guide. Seats are sold on the basis of groups of four and our exclusive Sóti Lodge guarantees the privacy of the experience, with a maximum of two groups accommodated at any point.
We also offer you the opportunity to customise the length of your tour.
What to bring
- Personal avalanche equipment, if optional (shovel, pole, beacon – make sure it works and has fresh batteries)
- Ski boots
- Helmet and goggles
- Wind- and waterproof jacket
- Wind- and waterproof pants
- Woolen underwear
- Gloves (thick and thin gloves)
- Water bottle
- Small first-aid bag
Please keep in mind that as with all mountain adventure activities, heliskiing entails a certain risk to participants. Please make sure your insurance covers this.
- April 24th – May 12th
- Do you have a specific date in mind? Contact us at email@example.com or through the contact form on the right side of the page and we will create the perfect, bespoke adventure for you and your group.
- Do you want to arrange a private Iceland heliskiing package for your group/family? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the contact form to get your quote.
For whom is this trip suitable?
- This Iceland Heliskiing package is suitable for intermediate backcountry skiers in good physical condition. The guide will make sure each run fits the whole group.
Cancellation policy & refund protocol
- 100 % refund if the tour is canceled due to disease control decisions or COVID-19 infection
- 80 % refund if the tour is canceled with more than 7-day notice
- 50 % refund if the tour is canceled with more than 72-hour notice
- No refund if the tour is canceled with less than 72-hour notice
If we need to cancel the trip due to weather you have these options:
- Full refund
- We move the tour to another date
- We adapt he tour itinerary to weather conditions